Friday, January 4, 2013

Salmon with green beans and mushrooms



Over 10 years ago my friend Vincent cooked this for me. I really enjoyed it and still to this day I cook it. Vincent grilled the salmon with little pieces of garlic inserted in the fish. I tend to pan fry the Salmon. 

 After two weeks in Italy I was craving for some Chinese food. This is a very tasty dish and healthy too.

I am not used to writing out recipes so I will do my best to give an account of how I cook things. But the recipes are mostly for inspiration. I am not a follower of recipes or measurements.

The amount of onions, garlic, vegetables should be completely up to the cook. Feel free to add more or add less depending on how much you want to eat.



Ingredients:
Shallots 
Garlic
Mushrooms
Green beans
Fresh Salmon fillets (about 250g each)
Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Rice

Cooking time: 15 minutes

Preparation:
Chop shallots and vegetables.Chop garlic finely.

Heat oil in pan. When pan is hot, add Salmon add cook for about 15 minutes, turning the fish over a couple of times.

At the same time heat oil in another pan and fry shallots. When slightly brown, add garlic, then beans then mushrooms to cook evenly.

To make the sauce, add a few dollops of oyster sauce and some soy sauce. Add water and some corn flour to thicken.

Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped coriander.






No comments:

Post a Comment